Twinkle Toes from Rollerstuff are now available here at Medusa!
Available in 3 different colors-
Black, Periwinkle, and Yellow (Glow in the Dark)
Check out their super informative rundown of these adorable toestops:
- Formulated from a natural rubber compound designed for high level performance on various surfaces. High abrasion resistance contributes to a longer lasting toe stop.
- 20mm anodized aluminum stems. This length is between the typical short and long stem lengths, though closer to the short stem end of the spectrum. (Standard short stem: approx. 17mm; standard long stem: approx. 30mm). Why 20mm? Because a shorter stem is preferred by most skaters for skatepark, dance skating, speed, etc., however if using a nut to lock them in place, standard short stems don’t leave much room to actually screw the toe stop into the plate. The extra few millimeters are to leave room for a nut.
- This first-of-its-kind, unique star-shape is a 100% original design. The initial sample mold was hand-sculpted by Abbey Roadkill out of clay.
- Slightly raised contact patch (middle circle of star): strongest and thickest part of the toe stop, as well as the area intended to make first contact with the ground during use.
- Each point is tapered off 2-3mm from inside to outside edges/towards tip ends, positioning the more vulnerable parts of the shape higher from the ground and pointed away from contact patch in center.
- The standard screw-in stem type (as shown in images), is not compatible with skates/plates with a bolt-on toe stop design. *This includes Impala Roller Skates :( Standard threading (will not work with metric equipment/skate parts).
- “Grease is the word!” We all know how the song goes - and just like the lyrics say, it’s suggested to always lightly grease the stems of any toe stop before screwing them into a skate’s plate. This dramatically helps prevent cross threading as well as the possibility of the toe stop getting stuck in the plate by becoming jammed over time.